HAMON UK LTD
UK Regulations, Codes of Practice and the Legionella Control Association (LCA):
Hamon UK Ltd is registered with the LCA and is required to comply with the LCA’s “The control of Legionella – A recommended Code of Conduct for Service Providers”.
We are registered with the LCA for the following service categories:
Category 4 – Cleaning & Disinfection Services
Category 8 – Plant & Equipment Services
A copy of our LCA Code of Conduct, LCA Registration Certificate and Statement of Compliance are available for download at the links below :
Equipment supplied by us is fully compliant with UK Regulations and Codes of Practice as far as relates to our contracted Scope of Supply, however the Client should ensure that to meet full compliance the following is also established :
• Identification of the statutory Duty Holder
• Appointment of responsible person and deputies
• Notification to local authority of Evaporate Cooling System (as required under Notification of Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condensers Regulations 1992)
• Completing, monitoring and periodic review of a Legionella Risk Assessment (as required under Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations (MHSWR) 1999)
• Written Procedure for the prevention and control of Legionella
• Provision of system Operating Manuals & Drawings
• Providing training to employees to operate the system effectively
• Provision of a water treatment system with routine monitoring, sampling and reporting and a system for recording and reviewing of the results.
• Maintenance, Cleaning & Disinfection as may be required from time-to-time or when access to the system is necessary.
Operators/Users and Suppliers of this equipment have legal obligations and have responsibility under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 to protect workers and the wider public from harm as a result of their activities and operations. The following regulations and ACOP’s must be complied with:
• Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations (MHSWR) 1999
o a requirement to perform and record risk assessments in relation to specific hazards
• Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) 2002
o a requirement to assess risks and develop control measures to prevent hazardous substances including biological agents from causing harm
• Notification of Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condensers Regulations 1992
o a requirement to advise a local authority in writing of the bringing-in or taking out of service of an evaporative cooling system
• Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) 2013
o A requirement to report all instances of Legionnaires disease
• Legionnaires’ disease: The control of Legionella bacteria in water systems (L8) (ACOP)
o Guidance to employ best industry practices to control, maintain and monitor systems that may give rise to Legionella. To be read in conjunction with HSG274 Part 1 - The control of legionella bacteria in evaporative cooling systems
Acceptance of our quotations is deemed to be an understanding of a Clients obligations. If in doubt – please ask, we are happy to assist.
Following completion of our scope of works it is the client’s responsibility to monitor and control the cooling water system and implement a control scheme commensurate with HSG274-Part 1 and Parts 2&3 as maybe appropriate.
In relation to the above the following links are provided to useful resources which will provide further guidance: