The overall purpose of this position is to maintain the books of accounts of the company, ensure statutory compliances and control. The incumbent will be responsible to handle the payroll related to accounting and monitor in TDS.
He/She will need to interact with all employees including project engineer, site-engineer, project manager and other employees located in Chennai, Kolkatta and Delhi.
1. Books of accounts
- To maintain the books of accounts accurately, to ensure that the books are maintained in accordance with the group accounting policies and procedures, Indian Accounting standards and generally acceptable accounting principles.
- To undertake regular GL scrutiny, verification of day book on a daily basis , reviewing and authorizing all vouchers, bills, cheques, sales invoices and other source documents which are entered into JDE. To ensure timely update of the books of accounts in JDE.
- To review tax ledger accounts and ensure that these are reconciled with monthwise schedules of dues and remittances.
- To review and control supplier and customer accounts and ensure that the balances are confirmed and reconciled with the suppliers and customers.
- To review intercompany accounts, undertake reconciliation with group companies on a quarterly basis.
- To undertake regular GL scrutiny, verification of day book on a daily basis, reviewing and authorizing all vouchers, bills, cheques, and other source documents which are entered into JDE.
2. Monthly, Quarterly and Annual closing and finalization of accounts
- To close the books of accounts on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis,undertake all the closing procedures on a timely basis.
- To pass finalization and closing entries on a monthly basis such as provisions, overhead allocations, prepaid expense, foreign currency revaluation entries, depreciation. etc. To review the PSRs and analyse and control the variances, budget budget deviations.
- To finalize trial balance for group and indian closing, preparation of conversion pack, Indian balance sheet, PL on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. To submit the Group reports to CFO and the group on a monthly, quarterly basis.
- To undertake variance analysis for financial statements including monthly overhead statement.
3. Statutory Compliances
- To ensure compliances with all relevant statutes includingTDS/ income tax, sales tax, local VAT, service tax,PF, professional tax, ESI, FEMA, Company law and other dues etc in all locations.
- To ensure that taxes and duties are paid within the statutory due dates.
- To handle statutory compliances relating to import/export such as IEC code, etc.
- To control and review the tax computations for employees and ensuring that TDS is deducted appropriately.
- To file the annual tax return of the company before the statutory due date.
- To co-ordinate with the company secretary for compliance with Company law.
- To co-ordinate the statutory, tax and internal audit of the company.
- To provide the schedules,source documents and files to the auditors on a timely basis.
- To assist the auditor during the finalization of the accounts and in preparation of the Transfer Pricing report.
- To ensure that the audits are completed within the statutory due dates under the Company law and Income Tax Act.
- To control and monitor the overall audit, resolve queries of the auditors and provide the necessary documents to them.To organize and undertake stock verification and other audit procedures as per the auditor.
- To control and monitor audit as and when required by the Group.
5. Banking and treasury
- To submit the export related documents to Bank on a timely basis.
- To prepare documents for foreign inward remittances and foreign inward remittances
- To follow-up with the bank for FIRCs.
- To provide the quarterly financial statements as required by the banks.
- To control and check the monthly salary upload files and upload the same on 1st of every month.
6. Monthly closing
- To assist the Finance Manager in closing of books of accounts, finalization of trial balance
- To preparate Conversion pack and submit to Finance Manager.
- To review and finalize employee advances.
- Fixed assets –updation of fixed assets schedule and passing depreciation entries on a monthly basis.
- To assist Finance Manager in preparation of Monthly P&L, Balance Sheet.
- To prepare and finalize all group related reports.
- To Assist CFO in responding to queries from the group.
7. Other Activities
- To assist Finance Manager in finalization of audit.
- To prepare schedules and files as required by the auditors.
- To assist Finance Manager in responding to queries of auditors.
- To provide information from the books of accounts to CFO as and when required.
- To assist Finance Manager and CFO on any other matter related to the department.
- To co-ordinate with operations , HR , Engineering and Sales department to ensure timely-accounting of transactions.
- To co-ordinate for logging of documents for LC etc., and coordinating with banks whenever required.
- To suggest suitable solutions in case of complex situations which arise in the course of day-to-day functioning.
- To ensure that no tax demands are levied –suggesting suitable solutions in case of such demands.
- To ensure that reporting is accurate without errors
- To suggest cost-reduction measures in overheads. Administration and other areas.
Post-Graduation/CA/CA Inter/ICWA Inter/MBA-Finance.
Knowledge in Accounts and Finance
Knowledge about Taxes like PF,ESI,VAT,CST,ED,Service Tax &TDS
Minimum Experience should be at least 3-4 yrs in Finance and Accounts
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Should have worked in JDE or an ERP environment.
Knowledge of English
Should possess good personal values such as integrity and honesty and good ethics.
Position is based at Corporate office ie Chennai.
Travel may be required once or twice a year to Kolkatta and Mumbai for VAT/Sales tax issues.
Interested? Please contact umashankari.NAGARAJAN@hamon.com and Vinoth.SOUNDARARAJAN@hamon.com