The Piping/Mechanical Engineer ensures the proper design and execution of piping and related mechanical equipment like valves, expansion joints, secondary and primary supports, for different product lines of Hamon, namely Air Quality Control Systems (flue gas desulfurization & filtration), Cooling Systems (cooling towers & air cooled condensers), as well for Waste Heat Boiler systems.
This entails pipe design not only for steel but also for FRP, PP and other plastic material.
He/She has to work in accordance with professional standards, practices and laws, specifications defined by the client, market standards and budget.
He/She is responsible to ensure consistency with defined design conditions. He/She manages and resolves technical issues with construction, manufacturing and erection companies as well as customer complaints.
In order to be successful in the job, the incumbent needs to apply all procedures defined per quality manual of the respective Hamon entity and to honour the Ethical Code of Conduct of the Hamon Group.
- to analyze the customer's specifications and highlight the consequences on piping design and related equipment;
- to establish or to verify technical specifications;
- to define the calculations’ parameters and assumptions;
- to design or to approve guide’s drawings;
- to optimize the technical design according to technical and budget criteria;
- to participate in the review of technical design together with other services;
- to perform required calculations and work out calculation notes, datasheet and technical requisition documents related to the mechanical field of competencies;
- to check the consistency between the drawings prepared during detail design and the design requirements;
- to participate in audits of design;
- to participate & guide the choice of technical solutions elaborated during the detail design phase;
- to help in the development of calculation tools and methodology;
Oversee the subcontracted mechanical calculations:
- develop specifications in order to launch studies done by external companies;
- analyze quotation of manufacturers and participate and in the selection of work manufacturers;
- oversee the studies and works that are outsourced to specialized companies;
- perform technical follow-up and control of the essential phases in the execution of structures;
- manage relationship with third party certification agencies;
- provide technical assistance to the other departments of Hamon group;
- work on documents about customer complaints or customer service;
- contribute to the maintenance of the standardised engineering database;
- knowledge and experience in techniques of design and execution of piping and related equipment (valves, expansion joints, supports, etc.) using software like Plant 3D or equivalent (min. 10 years);
- good command of the calculation software CEASAR II;
- knowledge of international codes and standards such as ASME, AWWA, DIN EN and BS;
- basic knowledge of CAD software,
- use of Word, Excel, Outlook, VBA, Acces,Comos
This position is based in Chennai.
Interested? Please send you CV and motivations to HRChennai@hamon.com