The IT Security Engineer will be part of the Global IT team working in a technical support job and helpdesk operator in the local organization in India. He/she will be monitoring and maintaining the IT security systems as well as the perform general monitoring tasks within the organization.
Being part of the Global IT team, your tasks include:
- Perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment
- Design straight forward set-ups and be able to explain these to the team
- Verify the correct set-up of installations and implementations after an installation or migration
- Identify systems and networks that deviate from acceptable configurations
- Evaluate incident response procedures and capabilities.
- Investigate and analyze all response activities related to cyber incidents within the network environment.
- Collect and analyze data from a variety of Computer Network Defense (CND) tools, including intrusion detection system alerts, firewall and network traffic logs, and host system logs to analyze events that occur within their environment.
- Persistent monitoring of all designated networks, enclaves, and systems.
- Interpret, analyze, and report all events and anomalies in accordance with computer network directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
- Execute first level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents. Distributes directives, vulnerability, and threat advisories to identified consumers.
- Acquire deep-technical knowledge of security and network products
- Share knowledge and experience with colleagues
Our ideal candidate
- Keeps up to date with the latest security and technology developments
- Researches/evaluates emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them
- Plans for disaster recovery in the event of any security breaches
- Monitors for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorized or illegal activity
- Tests and evaluates our security products
- Uses advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Engages in 'ethical hacking', for example, simulating security breaches
- Identifies potential weaknesses and implement measures, such as firewalls and encryption
- Investigates security alerts and provide incident response
- Monitor identities and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorized system users
- Generates reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
- Maintains an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security
- Monitors and responds to 'phishing' emails and 'pharming' activity
- Assists with the creation, maintenance and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues
- Gives advice and guidance to staff on issues such as spam and unwanted or malicious emails.
With many doors open to you, there's plenty of opportunities and varied roles available, so you'll never be bored or feel like you're stuck in a dead-end job.
Working hours will change depending on your job. If you’re solving issues you’re likely to be asked flexibility to finish a job before leaving.
In terms of career progression, you can get promoted to senior technical support supporting IT functions on a worldwide basis.
1. Expertise in Networks (switches, wireless, control, management center) or in Security
2. Good knowledge of DNS and DHCP, IPv4, IPv6 and their routing
3. Good knowledge of dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
4. Good knowledge of TCP/IP
5. Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX and Endpoint Security
6. Proficiency in Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go and/or Power Shell
7. Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques
8. Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
9. Problem solver who look for the solution and are ready to act on this
10. Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
11. A team player who can also make it on their own
12. Communicates efficiently with both technical and non-technical persons regarding network standards and designs.
13. 2-5 years of experience in similar functions
14. Must be willing to travel
15. Must be willing to demonstrate some flexibility in working hours.
Interested? Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com