• Ensuring that process & equipment engineering is executed at the required quality level in accordance with project schedule, budget, client specifications and Hamon Group practices
• Coordinating process & equipment activities related to projects
• Coordinating technical information with other departments during project execution
• Supporting technically Sales and Site activities
• Participating in development and maintenance of engineering and product design standards and product improvement
• Developing innovative solutions to resolving technical, budget and schedule constraints on project execution.
The incumbent is responsible for the following activities:
•Specification of equipment such as blowers, pumps and compressors, vacuum systems, heaters and heat exchangers including gas-gas-heaters, milling systems, dampers, expansion joints, agitators, dewatering and drying systems, clarifiers, strainers, orifice plates, mixing systems, injection headers and nozzles etc. in accordance with operating conditions, Hamon design standards and Client specifications
•Issue with respect to project planning:
•technical documents needed for Internal and Client Engineering
•technical documents required for inquiry to suppliers
•Specification of process vessels (piping, tanks, columns) in accordance with operating conditions, Hamon design standards and Client specifications
•Provide technical support to during engineering activities and meetings with Client
•Complete technical review of suppliers quotes considering specification requirements and budget and schedule constraints.
•Advise the project team in resolving conflicting requirements by prioritizing compliance, cost or schedule based on project needs.
•Perform necessary inspection of equipment at supplier’s factories
•Review client technical specifications to prepare a clarifications/deviation list and advise of potential cost and/or schedule impact.
•Provide technical support and assistance during site installation and commissioning activities. Coordinate supplier participation as needed.
•Identify and pursue opportunities for product development and improvement.
• Professional of Process & Equipment Engineering (experience in Power Plants or similar is a plus)
• First proven experience mandatory, International Project environment would be an asset
• Ready to travel
• Fluent in English and any one local Indian language
• Rigorous mind, organized
• Open and Team minded
• Good communication and negotiation skills
• Committed to his/her job
• Fluency/Familiarity with Indian regional and/or r international language(s) such as Spanish, French, German is an appreciated asset
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Engineering Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent proven experience.
• Process knowledge from Thermal Power Plant, Refineries, specifically cooling and AQCS systems is a plus.
• Position is based at the Chennai Office.
• All Saturday Sundays are holidays