The Structural Lead ensures the proper design and execution of all types of structures (concrete, steel and FRP) and equipment (ductwork, tanks, casing, stacks etc.) for cooling systems (cooling towers and air cooled condensers) and air quality system (ESP, Fabric Filter, Scrubber etc.) as well as general industrial support structures and access steel. He/She has to work in accordance with professional standards, practices and laws, specifications defined by the client, market standards and budget. He/She is responsible to ensure consistency with defined design conditions. He/She manages and resolves technical issues with construction, manufacturing and erection companies as well as customer complaints.
In order to be successful in the job, the incumbent needs to apply all procedures defined per quality manual of Hamon Research Cottrell India Pvt. Ltd. and to honor the Ethical Code of Conduct of the Hamon Group.
1. Perform sizing (60%)
- To analyze the customer's specifications and highlight the consequences on Structural Engineering,
- To establish or to verify the technical specifications,
- To define the calculations’ parameters and assumptions,
- To design or to approve guide’s drawings,
- To optimize the technical design according to technical and budget criteria,
- To participate in the review of technical design together with other disciplines,
- To establish calculation notes, datasheet and technical requisition documents related to the structure field of competencies,
- To check the consistency between the drawings prepared by the design office and the design requirements,
- To participate in audits of design,
- To participate in the choice of technical solutions proposed by the design office,
- To help in the development of calculation tools and methodology.
2. Follow up on the drafting, detailing and fabrication of structures & equipment (30%)
- To launch studies and 3D detailed modelling of structures and equipment
- Oversee the studies and works (2D&3D detailing), and update, revise design as required.
- Perform technical follow-up and control of the essential phases in the fabrication and installation of structures and equipment,
- Manage relationship with third party certification agencies.
3. Technical support (10%)
- Work on documents about customer comments and RFI’s,
- Ensure contact and technical follow-up with subsidiaries,
- Provide technical assistance to the other departments of the Business Unit,
- Contribute to the maintenance of the standardised engineering database,
- Identify needs to transmit to the R & D, to help with the development and improvement of products,
- Development of innovative structure concepts for cooling systems and air pollution system
- Carry out the maintainance and/or develop design tools, computer programs used in Structural department.
- Master in Structural Engineering (preferable), or Bachelor in Civil Engineering with 10+ Years of relevant work experience.
- Fluent in English. Proficiency with Hindi and regional languages is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience (min. 10 years) in techniques of calculation and execution of steel & concrete works,
- Command of dedicated structure and design tools such as StaadPro or equivalent design software,
- Knowledge and practice of international codes and standards such as Eurocodes, AISC, ACI, ASCE, UBC, etc
- Command on a design software like STAAD Pro.
- Knowledge of a CAD / TEKLA software is add on
- Use of MS office, Outlook
- Ability to coordinate / supervise designers,
- Rigor, reliability,
- Open-minded to new technologies and to products evolution,
- Curiosity and creativity,
- Sense of anticipation of market trends, techniques and products,
- Good communication skills, to be used with different stakeholders, both internal and external,
- Common sense,
- Sense of pedagogy,
- Organisation and planning skills,
- Initiative, autonomy and flexibility,
- Multicultural approach,
- Interpersonal skills,
- Analytical skills,
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally.